DIY Armbook. LapDock + Raspberry Pi

I ordered a Motorola Atrix Lapdock to connect it to my Raspberry Pi. It's fairly cheap thinking about what you get (11.6" 1366x768 screen, USB hub, keyboard, touchpad, battery, charger and a case that hosts all of them).


So, the lapdock has a micro HDMI male connector (type D) and a micro USB male connector. The raspberry has a type A HDMI female connector and a female micro USB connector. I tought of adding a male type A HDMI connector to the lapdock so that I could connect the RPi directly to the lapdock.


The HDMI type D connector is real small (@6mm wide) and is composed of 19 little wires (actually 18, CEC is not used). Here are some pictures with the original (disassembled) connector from the lapdock:


As you can see in the pictures, pin 7 is a GND pin which means the pinout is not compatible with the type A HDMI connector. After searching (and searching) the web for a type D connector pinout, I came across the following one which seams OK. I think the problem is that type D is not an HDMI standard (yet).
 
So, the rest of the work is unsoldering wires from type D connector and soldering them to the type A connector. Of course the cable from the lapdock is very short so I had to add some wires to make the little cable longer so I could centrally fit the type A connector. Also the USB cable had to be made longer so it could fit the Pi just right.
After some holes, soldering and gluing into place some hours later, here are the results: